JAMES A. SNOWDEN
A native of Lincoln, Jim received his undergraduate degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and graduated from the University of Nebraska College of law with distinction in 1972. During law school, Jim was Associate Editor of the Nebraska Law Review and twice a member of the Nebraska National Moot Court Team. He received the Adolph Wenke Law Scholarship and was elected to Order of the Coif National Legal Honorary. Jim has been a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 1990. In his fifty years of practice, he has emphasized the defense of medical and legal malpractice cases, while also handling other types of personal injury defense.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, United States District Court, District of Nebraska, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, United States Court of Federal Claims, Supreme Court of the United States of America
Juris Doctor, University of Nebraska College of Law, with distinction, 1972
Bachelor of Arts, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1970
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association – Past Delegate, NSBA House of Delegates; Past Chairman, NSBA Ethics Committee; Past Committee Member, NSBA Committee on Civil Practice and Procedure
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association – Past President
- Robert Van Pelt Inns of Court
- Defense Research Institute – Past State Chairman
Area(s) of Practice
Medical and Professional Malpractice Defense
Insurance Law and Defense Litigation
General Civil Litigation/Trial Practice
Administrative Law – Professional Licensing
- Twenty-two defense verdicts in medical malpractice cases.
- Successful defense of many other clients including the Nebraska Bar Association, two national railroads, law firms, physicians, hospitals and insurance carriers.
- Voted each ear to the list of Great Plains Super Lawyers by magazine Minnesota Law and Politics since 2009
- American College of Trial Lawyers – Fellow since 1990
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association Defense Lawyer of the Year
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association Master Emeritus Award 2022