SUSAN M. FOSTER
Ms. Foster is a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group with a focus on employment law.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Foster provides advice, training and counseling on a wide variety of employment matters including wage and hour laws, workplace investigations, employment discrimination, workplace policies and procedures, employment contracts, employee relations, reasonable accommodations and disability leave management. Her expertise and experience allow her to proactively mitigate employment claims by ensuring policies, procedures and practice meet legal requirements and create a positive workplace climate. She is passionate about ensuring the best workplace for employers and employees.
Prior to joining Baylor Evnen, LLP, Ms. Foster worked in private practice as an employment lawyer in Omaha, Nebraska. She also served as Assistant to the Chancellor and Title IX Coordinator for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where she ensured campus-wide compliance with Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, affirmative action and other federal and state discrimination laws, regulations and executive orders. Ms. Foster most recently worked as the Executive Director with the Lincoln Education Association where she advocated for contractual rights for teachers and served as the Chief negotiator during contract negotiations with Lincoln Public Schools.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, United States District Court, District of Nebraska and United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Juris Doctor, with distinction, University of Nebraska College of Law, 2009, Labor and Employment Law Program of Concentrated Study
Bachelor ofScience in Education, University of Nebraska-Omaha, 1999
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Labor Relations and Employment Law Section
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Volunteer Attorney, Nebraska State Bar Association, Legal Self-Help Desk, 2010 – 2015
- Secretary (and Pro Bono Attorney), Omaha Ronald McDonald House Board of Directions, 2010 – 2015
- Pro Bono Attorney, Eastern Nebraska Community Action Partnership – 2013 – 2015
- CASA Volunteer, Lancaster County, 2017 – current
- Volunteer, Spring Creek Prairie Audubon Center, 2016 – current
Area(s) of Practice
1248 O STREET, SUITE 600
LINCOLN, NE 68508