PAUL T. BARTA
Mr. Barta specializes in workers’ compensation law, advising clients in Nebraska and Iowa. Mr. Barta is experienced in handling the defense of workers’ compensation cases for clients ranging from local family-owned businesses to multi-national corporations. Mr. Barta has traveled extensively throughout Nebraska and Iowa successfully defending employers’ interests in workers’ compensation trials and mediations.
Mr. Barta is fluent in Spanish and assists the firm’s bilingual clients as needed. Mr. Barta’s Spanish language fluency has been an asset in investigating and defending cases where key witnesses or the plaintiff are Spanish speakers.
Mr. Barta credits much of his success to his commitment to understanding each client’s unique circumstances and specific goals, and tailoring individual litigation strategies to meet those objectives. Mr. Barta has given numerous presentations to employers and insurers on workers compensation issues and is one of the primary authors of the firm’s workers’ compensation blog.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, State of Iowa, United States District Court, District of Nebraska
Juris Doctor, Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2004
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Spanish, Doane College, 2000
Professional Past and Present Affiliations
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Prior member Omaha Bar Association
- Iowa Self-Insurers Association Conference Committee Member
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- J. William Fulbright Fellow
- Law Review
- Author, It’s About Time: The United States Supreme Court Correctly Rejects Temporal Severance in Tahoe Sierra Preservation Council, Inc. v. Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, 36 Creighton L. Rev. 479 (2003).
- Selected to Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars in 2013 in the practice area of Workers’ Compensation
- Nebraska Safety Council, Board President
- Nebraska State Bar Workers’ Compensation Section, Past Board Chairperson
- Nebraska Claims Association, Past President
- Assumption Guadalupe Catholic School, Past Board Chairperson
- Latino Catholic Scholarship Fund, Past Director
- United Way, Past Local Fundraising Liaison
- Michael Parish, Guest Lecturer
Area(s) of Practice
1248 O STREET, SUITE 600
LINCOLN, NE 68508