KATHRYN VAN BALEN
Kathryn is a member of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Her practice focuses on medical malpractice defense.
Kathryn received her Bachelor’s Degree, with distinction, from the University of South Dakota in 2016, where she studied Medical Biology and Psychology. She graduated with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2019, where she concentrated her studies of health law and intellectual property. While in law school, Kathryn was a member of the Nebraska Moot Court Executive Board and the Client Counseling Competition Board, and served as a judicial extern for the United States District Court, District of Nebraska.
Kathryn grew up in Custer, South Dakota. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, being outdoors and photography.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, United States District Court, District of Nebraska
Juris Doctor, University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. (with distinction), 2019
Bachelor of Arts, University of South Dakota, B.S. (with distinction), Medical Biology (Major), Psychology (Major), Interdisciplinary Sciences (Minor), 2016
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska Defense Counsel
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court
Area(s) of Practice
- Excellence for the Future Award (CALI), Law of Provider and Patient
- Excellence for the Future Award (CALI), Negotiations
- Excellence for the Future Award (CALI), Torts I
- Second Place Winner, ABA Regional Client Counseling Competition, 2019
- Second Place Winner, UNL Client Counseling Competition, 2019