DALLAS D. JONES
Dallas Jones is one of the most respected experts in workers’ compensation law in the state of Nebraska. He has dedicated his entire, 30-year career to improving all aspects of the workers’ compensation system, from his passionate advocacy for clients and his significant legislative work, to giving back to affected families, and, as such, has become one of the state’s most influential advocates and thought leaders.
Mr. Jones specializes in leveraging his unmatched expertise and experience to identify multiple creative solutions to help his clients solve their most complex problems. He is widely known for his work ethic and pragmatism, as well as his ability to identify innovative ways to help employers navigate the overlap of workers’ compensation claims and the myriad of employment laws that can create complications in the claims process.
Mr. Jones is one of the founders, and president, of the non-profit advocacy organization, Nebraskans for Workers’ Compensation Equity and Fairness (NWCEF). In that role he drafts, promotes and opposes legislation in the state legislature, often testifies before legislative committees, and leads coalitions of employers, insurers and business associations in submitting Amicus briefs when cases of significant import are before the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Mr. Jones spends a great deal of time giving back to the system. In 2013, Mr. Jones co-founded Kids’ Chance of Nebraska (KCNE), which raises money to award scholarships to children of workers who have been killed or significantly injured as a result of on-the-job injuries.
Mr. Jones also co-created the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Symposium, an annual seminar that provides educational sessions on topics of interest to the entire workers’ compensation industry. Mr. Jones is a board member of the Workers’ Compensation Association of Nebraska, the organization that now plans and runs the Symposium, and which donates the net Symposium proceeds of $30,000 – $40,000 each year to Kids’ Chance of Nebraska.
Mr. Jones is the Chair of the firm’s Workers’ Compensation Practice Group.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska; United States District Court, District of Nebraska; United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Juris Doctor, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1987
Bachelor of Science in Geology, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1984
- College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, Fellow
- American Law Firm Association, Workers’ Compensation Practice Group, Past Chair
- Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Symposium Committee, Founding Member
- Nebraskans for Workers’ Compensation Equity and Fairness, Co-Founder, President and Board Member
- Workers’ Compensation Association of Nebraska (formerly Nebraska Self-Insured Association), Board Member
- Nebraska Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Labor Relations, Workers’ Compensation subcommittee, Chair
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Selected to Super Lawyers List in the area of Workers’ Compensation
- Lancaster County (Nebraska) Indigent Defense Committee, Past Member
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section, Past Chair
- Nebraska Bar Association, House of Delegates, Past Member
- Lincoln Bar Association, Past President
- Lincoln Bar Association, Past Member Board of Trustees
Areas of Practice
- Medicare and Workers’ Compensation: The Basics of Medicare Set-Aside Arrangements. TheNebraska Lawyer, February 2004
- Medicare Basics in Workers’ Compensation Cases—Downstream Two Years. The Nebraska Lawyer, January 2006 (co-author, Jill Gradwohl Schroeder)
- Kids’ Chance of Nebraska: Educating Children of Injured Workers. The Nebraska Lawyer, March, April 2015
- Kids’ Chance of Nebraska, Founding Member, Past President, Board of Directors, Current Member
- Lincoln Literacy Council, Past Board Member
- Lancaster County Republican Party, Past Chair
- Nebraska Republican Party, State Central Committee, Past Member
- First Plymouth Church Board of Trustees, Past Member
- Cedars Home for Children Foundation Board of Trustees, Past Chair, Current Member
- Cedars Home for Children Board of Directors, Past Member
- Tau Kappa Epsilon, Phi Chapter, Board of Advisors, Past Member