CHRISTOPHER M. SCHMIDT
Chris is a member of the Litigation practice group. His practice includes general civil litigation, with an emphasis in employment law.
In 2016, Chris graduated with highest distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Nebraska Law Review and President of the Community Legal Education Project. Chris then spent one year clerking for the Honorable William J. Riley of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Chris was born and raised in Lincoln. His passion for education, the Huskers, and basketball led him to major in secondary education (social studies) at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. After graduating with high distinction in 2012, Chris spent one year substitute teaching and coaching basketball at Lincoln North Star before deciding to attend law school. In his free time, Chris enjoys traveling with his wife, Hannah, and tries to stay active through basketball, running, and tennis.
Admitted to practice in: Nebraska (State and Federal)
Juris Doctor, University of Nebraska College of Law, highest distinction, 2016
Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, high distinction, 2012
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Editor-in-Chief, Nebraska Law Review, 2015–2016
- National Jurist “Law Student of the Year,” honoree, 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Woods & Aitken Outstanding Student Award, recipient
- Silver Quill Award, recipient
- American Board of Trial Advocates Award, recipient
- Guy C. Chambers Award, recipient
- McGrath North Excellence in Legal Writing Award, recipient
- Louis Jackson National Memorial Student Writing Competition for Labor & Employment Law, winner
- CALI Awards for Excellence: Employment Law, Employment Discrimination Law, Trial Advocacy
- Constitution Day volunteer
Area(s) of Practice
1248 O STREET, SUITE 600
LINCOLN, NE 68508