ERIN C. DUGGAN PEMBERTON
Erin graduated cum laude with her Juris Doctor in 2001 from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law and held the positions of Executive Editor and Fellow for the Buffalo Criminal Law Review, as well as Class Director for the Student Bar Association. She received the Faculty Choice Award for outstanding leadership. She worked as an Assistant District Attorney until moving home to Lincoln in late 2006 and joined Wolfe Snowden in March 2007. Erin became a partner at Wolfe Snowden on January 1, 2013.
Erin is actively licensed to practice law in Nebraska and New York.
Prior to practicing law, Erin had a long and fulfilling career in clinical nursing and nursing administration. Erin received her Nursing Diploma from Bryan School of Nursing (now Bryan College of Health Sciences) in 1984. She worked in the Operating Room at Bryan Medical Center East (then Bryan Memorial Hospital) for nine years; first as an OR Tech, next as an RN, and then as the Assistant Unit Director until moving to Kansas City in 1988 to accept the position as Manager of Cardiovascular Surgery at the Mid America Heart Institute of St. Luke’s Hospital.
Erin completed her Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree in 1992 from Webster University and assumed the position of Director of Nursing at St. Mary-Corwin Regional Medical Center in Pueblo, CO. She completed her Master of Science in Nursing Administration, with distinction, in 1997 from St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY. While completing her master’s degree, she worked in the OR, Pre-Op and Post Anesthesia Care Unit at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, NY.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, United States District Court, District of Nebraska, State of New York.
Juris Doctor, University of Buffalo Law School, State University of New York, 2001
Education, 1997 – Master of Science in Nursing Administration, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY; 1992 – Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Webster University, Kansas City, MO; 1984 – Diploma in Nursing, Bryan College of Health Sciences, Lincoln, NE; 1978 – Diploma in Surgical Technology, Southeast Community College, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association Health Law Section – Chair, 2015-2017; Executive Committee; Education Committee
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Robert Van Pelt Inns of Court – President, 2017; Executive Committee
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)
- DRI Trucking Committee
Area(s) of Practice
Defense of Professional Healthcare License Complaints and Disciplinary Actions
Defense of Professional Malpractice Lawsuits
General Civil/Insurance Defense Litigation
Personal Injury Litigation
Healthcare Provider Third-Party Payor Appeals
Medical Peer Review Appeals
- Obtained 7-figure settlement for injured motorcycle passenger.
- Nebraska State Bar Association Executive Council Member 2022 – present
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation – Lifetime Fellow
- Served as an issue editor for The Nebraska Lawyer
- Bryan Medical Center Board of Trustees 2016-2017; 2020-present. Secretary position, January 2021; Quality and Safety Committee member and Governance Committee member
- First-Plymouth Church Board of Trustees 2022 – present
- Bryan College of Health Sciences Board of Trustees 2009-2018, Chair 2016-2017
- VLP Self-Help Desk Volunteer – Lancaster County
- Rotary Club 14 – Downtown Lincoln
- Rotary Leadership Institute Graduate
- Rotary Youth Exchange Host Parent
- Bryan College of Health Sciences – Guest Lecturer in Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, and Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Programs
- Frequent presenter for health care providers through professional organizations
- Presenter for attorneys through NSBA, NATA and other legal groups
- City Impact Strengths for Life Mentor
- Foster Care Review Office – Local Board Member 2007-2014