ROBERT S. LANNIN
Mr. Lannin is the chair of the firm’s Litigation practice group specializing in insurance defense. His practice also includes general civil litigation, wills, real estate property tax foreclosures and treasurer’s deed issuance and small business.
With extensive jury trial experience in personal injury cases Mr. Lannin has successfully defended numerous cases on behalf of corporations, insurance companies, and individuals in both state and federal court.
Mr. Lannin regularly handles matters involving real estate tax sale certificates and related litigation. He is a frequently invited speaker on issues in real estate and trial practice matters. He has spoken in conferences by the Nebraska State Bar Association, the Nebraska Defense Counsel Association and the Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys on varying topics involving trial and real estate practice, jury selection, trial skills and foreclosure litigation.
Mr. Lannin has been active in a number of non-profit endeavors which include serving a multi-year undertaking as moderator at his church in Omaha and in various capacities in his college fraternity at both the local and national level.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, United States District Court, District of Nebraska, States of Kansas, State of Missouri, United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1988, Supreme Court of the United States, 1990, United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1998
Juris Doctor, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1984
Bachelor of Arts, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, cum laude, 1981
- Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Nebraska State and Lincoln Bar Associations
- American College of Trial Lawyers, 2016
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2012-Current; National Director, 2016-Current; Nebraska Chapter President, 2020-Current
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association, Defense Counsel of the Year, 2000; Board Member, Secretary of Treasure and President, 2006-2014
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- Delta Upsilon Fraternity, Founders Medal, 2007; Volunteer of the Year, 2000
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Delta Upsilon Fraternity, National Director, Chairman of the Board, 2013-Current
- Countryside Community Church Moderator, Trustee and Deacon, 1997-2007
Area(s) of Practice
General Civil Litigation
Real Estate Property Tax Foreclosures and Treasurer’s Deed Issuance
1248 O Street, Suite 600
Lincoln, NE 68508