EMILY R. MOTTO
Ms. Motto is a member of the firm’s Litigation Group and handles all general litigation files. Her experience in the court room includes both bench trials and jury trials.
Ms. Motto grew up in Davenport, Iowa and is a graduate of the University of Iowa and Creighton University School of Law. Prior to joining Baylor Evnen, Ms. Motto practiced for two years in the area of insurance defense of property and liability matters.
As an active member of the Defense Research Institute, Ms. Motto is a strong advocate for women in the law and has various publications to her credit.
Juris Doctor, Creighton University School of Law, 2011.
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Political Science, The University of Iowa, 2007.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska, State of Iowa, United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- Robert Van Pelt Inn of Court, 2016-Present
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Heartland Big Brothers Big Sisters, 2017-Present
- Board of Directors, Heartland Big Brothers Big Sisters, 2016
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association, Board of Directors, 2016-Present
- Chair, Young Lawyers Committee (2015-2016)
- 2016 Rising Star Award, Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
Lincoln Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Young Lawyers Steering Committee (2013- Present)
- Co-Chair, Marketing Subcommittee (2015- Present)
- Law In Transition Committee (2016- Present)
- Co-Chair, Women in Law Subcommittee (2014-2015)
- Vice Chair, Women in Law Subcommittee (2013-2014)
- Leadership Lincoln Fellow 2015-2016
- Strategies for Defending Chiropractic Cases, The Whisper, Vol. 10, Issue 1
- Young Women in the Law: Achieving Success with DRI, The Whisper, Vol. 10, Issue 7
- Women Rainmakers – Roadmap to Success, DRI E-Book, co-author of Chapter 3, October of 2014
Area(s) of Practice
1248 O STREET, SUITE 600
LINCOLN, NE 68508