BRENDA S. SPILKER
Brenda specializes in Nebraska Workers’ Compensation law, advising clients and representing them in hearings across the state. She draws on over 25 years of legal experience to litigate contested work injury cases for some of the firm’s largest clients and is able to offer highly specialized advice to self-insured businesses on the workers’ claims and navigating employment and return to work issues.
Brenda also advises clients on the interplay between workers’ compensation and social security disability benefits.
Brenda graduated from Northwestern Law School in Chicago, where she met her husband, also a native Nebraskan. She returned to practice in her home town of Lincoln, where she had received her undergraduate degree.
Brenda’s passion for volleyball includes cheering for the Nebraska Huskers volleyball team. In her free time Brenda serves as the Board Chair of the Mental Health Association of Nebraska, President of the Raymond Central Music Boosters and is active in the music programs at her church. She and her husband Doug are the parents of two daughters.
Admitted to practice in: State of Nebraska; United States District Court, District of Nebraska; United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Juris Doctor, Northwestern University Law School, 1991
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1988
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, Editorial Board, Northwestern University School of Law
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honorary)
- Co-author, “The Bumpy Road to Workers’ Compensation Reform and L.B. 757,” 28 Creighton Law Review 1 (1994).
- Board Chair of the Mental Health Association of Nebraska
- President Raymond Central Music Boosters
- Council Member American Lutheran Church, Lincoln Nebraska
Area(s) of Practice
Social Security Disability
1248 O STREET, SUITE 600
LINCOLN, NE 68508